ISEET not in favor of students:IIT Delhi faculty, offers it’s suggestions to board
At a meeting constituting IIT Delhi faculty, IIT Professors have opposed the current format of ISEET and saying that the current format of the examination is not in the favor of students. The faculty board has then submitted it’s list of suggestions to the director, IIT Delhi.
The list of suggestions include:
- Not to implement ISEET in 2013 in a hurry
- ISEET should constitute Subjective paper along with the Objective paper
- Akin to UPSC, ISEET should have prelim and mains examination , where in prelim-exam should be conducted by Government and Mains should be conducted by IIT’s
- Preliminary examination can have more weightage for 12th board examination but Main examination should have less weightage for 12th board.
- a New formula needs to be worked out to normalize 12th board scores across the country.