- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad – Will consider jee main marks only
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Delhi Technological university
- Netaji Subhash institute of technology
- National Institute of Technology, Surathkal
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Punjab Engineering College University of Technology, Chandigarh
- YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Chennai
Tag Archives: jee main 2014
Reportedly rank scored in JEE Mains 2014 will hold its value for a period of two years. It means if a candidate is under top 1.5 lakh rank in jee main 2014, he can appear for either jee advanced 2014 or he can also appear for jee advanced 2015 on the basis of jee main 2014 rank.
Note – JEE Main rank is valid for two years only in case of jee advanced eligibility
JEE Main online paper 2014
Exam Date – 11th April 2014
According to sources in a jee main examination centre of Ahemdabad some students were forced to return their English hindi jee main question paper and their papers was exchanged with English gujarati. All of this could be due to shortage of question papers for Hindi medium students.
Because of this exchange of question papers students had to change the details in the OMR sheets and write the relevant details again, thereby wasting about half an hour of the precious exam time. Some 58 students were affected by this.
Reportedly students have written a mail to CBSE to inform them about this incident and they have also sent a letter to CBSE through registered post. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) deputy secretary J K Yadav has sought “comments” from the Government Polytechnic at Panjrapole on the issue of mismanagement during JEE exam on April 6.
JEE Main 2014 1st online test was held yesterday (9th April 2014). Around 1.72 lakh candidates appeared for online test on 1st day. According to students online mode was easier than offline test. According to students few questions were directly from NCERT text book and few questions were from previous year questions.
This year students were more happy with online format as the students do not have to bother shading the correct options properly to be considered as their answer.
Below review is based on feedback received from few students
- JEE Main 9th April 2014 paper was little bit easier than offline.
- In today’s paper physics was very difficult, maths was moderate and chemistry was easy
- Overall it was more difficult than last year
This year in physics question there was one wrong question, correct answer was not there in given four options. Hopefully all candidates will get bonus marks for this question
Bonus Question -
On heating water, bubbles being formed at the bottom of the vessel detatch and rise. Take the bubbles to be spheres of radius R and making a circular contact of
radius r with the bottom of the vessel. If r >> R , and the surface tension of water is T, value of r just before bubbles detatch is : (density of water is Rhow )
Situation will be more clear once CBSE release official answer key
Most of the students are saying that JEE Main 2014 paper was very hard compared to previous years. Feedback from few students given below:
“The paper was very tough. In fact, it was tougher than the JEE Advanced 2013 paper. I cracked JEE Mains and missed JEE Advanced by a few marks, last year. But looking at the difficulty level this year, I don’t know what’s going to happen. “
“There is a striking difference between last year’s and this year’s paper, if the difficulty level is to be compared. I missed JEE advanced by 40 marks last year and I am really tensed this year too after attempting the exam.”
“No such surprises in the paper but there were tricky questions in Chemistry”.
“There were a lot of surprises in the paper. But what I liked the most was that questions in Chemistry were easier than expected”.
Overall students feel that chemistry part was easiest, physics was moderate and mathematics was toughest.
If we look at detaied analysis of jee main 2014 offline question paper – 1, like previous year overall chemistry was easiest but if we look at number of questions difficulty wise, physics had also many easy questions.
Number of difficult questions – 19
Number of medium level questions – 6
Number of easy level questions – 5
Number of difficult questions – 15
Number of medium level questions – 9
Number of easy level questions – 6
Number of difficult questions – 12
Number of medium level questions – 13
Number of easy level questions – 5